ces photos sont estimées à des prix vraiment trop élevés
lundi 5 juin 2017
The Yokosuka Naval Arsenal, situated just inside the mouth of Tokyo Bay in Japan, was one of four principal shipyards operated by the Japanese Navy during WW2. Operations at the site dated back to 1866 when the Tokugawa Shogunate established Yokosuka Seisakusho. In 1871, the Meiji government renamed it Yokosuka Shipyards; later in the same year, the first drydock began operations. In 1903, it was renamed Yokosuka Naval Arsenal. Some of the major WW2-era warships built at Yokosuka include the carrier Kaga, the heavy cruiser Takao, and the battleship Yamashiro, among many others. The facilities received light damage during the Doolittle Raid on 18 Apr 1942, and much more destruction toward the end of the war. After being taken over by US occupation forces after the war, the arsenal's entity was abolished in Oct 1945. Operations continued, however, under US Navy's Yokosuka Ship Repair Facility. The former Japanese Navy arsenal continued to be a US Navy facility through the date of this writing.